Employees’ welfare is of utmost importance to TSPI. It is being concerned with their overall health and safety, financial security and most importantly, their spiritual growth. Various initiatives were put in place to support employees to keep them engaged and productive.
- Health & Safety Programs – These consisted of Vitamin C distribution at the onset of the pandemic, compliance with health & safety protocols at the head office and branches, issuance of certification to all employees on Health and Safety protocol following the Department of Health (DOH), Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and Local Government Units (LGU) guidelines, regular release of online advisories, daily monitoring of attendance and health condition of employees by Group Heads and providing additional mobile load for AOs to limit face-to-face interaction.
- Financial Support – Advance salary credits (March 30 & April 15) and the early release of 13th month pay (April 1 & 15), secured employees with needed resources for essential needs. Access to financial Assistance from DOLE COVID Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP) were facilitated. Emergency Employee Loan at 0% interest payable up to 24 months was also offered where 159 employees benefitted. This was a total of Php1.6 million loans released.
- Work-from-home Arrangement – This allowed employees to return to their hometown and to work from home with Telecommuting Agreements to keep them safe and productive.
- Training Programs – Online training/Webinars were conducted to better equip all field personnel to adapt to the new normal. Among the first training modules were on collection and negotiation skills, serving and caring for our clients amidst tough times and express loan release facility.
- Discipleship Programs – Series of webinars were conducted. It aimed to strengthen and grow their relationship with God and their brethren. This included webinar series on: “ThinkTalk” – Mental Health Awareness, “FinTalk” – Biblical Financial Literacy, Sambayanihan Talk” by Pres. Rene Cristobal, which started the series of weekly online devotions and the Living Intentional Discipleship series for all branches.